Money Tracker Forums > Banknote and coin enthusiasts > Best coins and/or banknotes.

Thread: Best coins and/or banknotes.

PostBest coins and/or banknotes.
Posted by enlilninlil 16 years ago (26 Dec 2007)
What is your favourite coin and or banknote, either as individual pieces or as a set.
Coins sets: Danmark, Poland, Algeria, Ethiopia, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Mexico, Venezuela,.
Coins individual: Egypt 50 piaster and 1 pound, Sierra Leone 500 leones, United Kingdom 2 pounds.
Note sets: Switzerland, Israel, The Gambia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Macau (Ultramarino), Danmark, Angola, South Africa, Comoros Islands, Madagascar, Brunei, Papau New Guinea, New Zealand, Brazil.

Post Reply | Reply with quote
Posted by moneyman93 16 years ago (2 Jan 2008)
Can we have that last post removed and their account deleted. I doubt they plan on registering any banknotes.

Posted by moneyman93 16 years ago (2 Jan 2008)
Oh, and the NZ banknotes are quite nice.

Posted by perusalstein 16 years ago (29 Jan 2008)
I rather appreciate the Aussie $5 note. So many of them look quite worn and full of character.. little Aussie battlers... I sometimes wonder whether because of their lower value they get stuffed into peoples' pockets more often instead of being folded into wallets.

Posted by jaikumoney 15 years ago (14 Oct 2008)
I like the Polymer (Plastic) Banknotes

Posted by mattyfitzh 15 years ago (16 Oct 2008)
jaikumoney said:
I like the Polymer (Plastic) Banknotes
I much prefer cotton fibre notes than polymer. Sure they last longer, but the feel of cotton fibre is SO much nicer...

Posted by moneyman93 15 years ago (17 Oct 2008)
It would seem strange going to a country with paper notes, being so used to plastic, but plastic would seem even more strange coming here. I've never been anywhere with paper notes, so the concept seems quite abstract

Posted by mattyfitzh 15 years ago (8 Feb 2009)
The Federation $5 is infinitly better than the standard $5. The next design should follow this note instead...

Posted by stair 15 years ago (24 Feb 2009)
I LOVE the current series of British coins... they just look so awesome. I'm debating whether to ask my cousin to see if she can collect a set for me when she goes in a month....

The idea of a unified (bar the two pound, i think?) issue is great.

Posted by enlilninlil 14 years ago (8 Oct 2009)
stair said:
I LOVE the current series of British coins... they just look so awesome. I'm debating whether to ask my cousin to see if she can collect a set for me when she goes in a month....

The idea of a unified (bar the two pound, i think?) issue is great.
I think they are drab, along with many Euro coins. I like the older 20 pence.

Posted by aegean 14 years ago (11 Oct 2009)
i am not a fan of the new series of British coins... i like the old seies