Money Tracker Forums > Banknote and coin enthusiasts > atractiveness

Thread: atractiveness

Postatractiveness
Posted by enlilninlil 17 years ago (6 Mar 2007)
What do people think our currency, I personally think it is ugly, Papua New Guinea, Danmark< Canada, South Africa, Switzerland etc have a design that is attractive. Just a thought.

Post Reply | Reply with quote
Postatractiveness
Posted by poundtracker 17 years ago (7 Mar 2007)
Eh its ok i has a lot of detail tho

Postatractiveness
Posted by liquidcurrency 16 years ago (9 Aug 2007)
The nicest looking currency I have seen is the Polish Zloty.

I quite like Australia's currency - each note is easy to distinguish in milliseconds.

A lot of paper currency is fairly plain and dull.

I think the Euro notes are very boring and uninteresting.

Postatractiveness
Posted by enlilninlil 16 years ago (19 Aug 2007)
Well the bannotes of Switzerland, Danmark, Sweeden, Cape verde, The Gambia, Canada the are also very good productions.

Postatractiveness
Posted by adamdmasi 16 years ago (7 Mar 2008)
liquidcurrency said:
The nicest looking currency I have seen is the Polish Zloty.

I quite like Australia's currency - each note is easy to distinguish in milliseconds.

A lot of paper currency is fairly plain and dull.

I think the Euro notes are very boring and uninteresting.
I agree that Euros ARE boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooringly boring!

Postatractiveness
Posted by harchickgirl1 16 years ago (12 Apr 2008)
enlilninlil said:
What do people think our currency, I personally think it is ugly, Papua New Guinea, Danmark> Canada, South Africa, Switzerland etc have a design that is attractive. Just a thought.
Australian notes are amongst the most attractive in the world. I was fascinated with them when I first saw them.

Besides, they're easy to distinguish one from the other. I like that!

Postatractiveness
Posted by jaikumoney 15 years ago (14 Oct 2008)
All off the Polymer (Plastic) Banknotes in the world are attractive!

Postatractiveness
Posted by moneyman93 15 years ago (14 Oct 2008)
jaikumoney said:
All off the Polymer (Plastic) Banknotes in the world are attractive!
I agree. The fact that you don't start from a base of white paper helps; I am yet to see a really plain boring one (the Mexican ones are nothing special though)

Postatractiveness
Posted by stair 15 years ago (24 Feb 2009)
I can't imagine using anything else, I love that you just have to glance at the colour of Aussie notes, but I sometimes think that the whole etched-look of US dollars, with their borders and such, just looks so cool. Polymer is practical and bright, but I'm jealous of the fact that in other countries, you can write messages or even something like www.moneytracker.com.au on notes for other people to find!

Postatractiveness
Posted by mattyfitzh 15 years ago (25 Feb 2009)
stair said:
I'm jealous of the fact that in other countries, you can write messages or even something like www.moneytracker.com.au on notes for other people to find!
I'm not. It's just plain destructive, especially for collection purposes. I recently got a USD$2 note with a red stamp on it (where's george). Bloody annoying that is.

Postatractiveness
Posted by jes 15 years ago (26 Feb 2009)
I agree: I don't like at all those kind of messages in banknotes. Those only SPOIL the banknote and they will be put out of circulation as soon as they reach any bank --->> No HITS!!

Besides, I don't like very much the current Aussie dollar banknotes, but at least they are much better than USD or EUR. Those ones look so BOORING! (despite the fact that originally I was born in Europe, that's my opinion though.)

My favourite banknotes... Old Russian ones, old Spanish, old french... Oh! and look at those from french Polynesia!!

Postatractiveness
Posted by trex8 14 years ago (4 Aug 2009)
I would prefer a more "conservative" design approach to our banknotes.
Do away with ALL portraits, native plants and wildlife, and substitute the wording:-
"COMMONWEALTH of AUSTRALIA" with Aussie coat of arms and engravings of
Australian architectural highlights.
Trex.