Money Tracker Forums > Spreading the word > Still noting happening

Thread: Still noting happening

PostStill noting happening
Posted by gimboid13 8 years ago (20 May 2015)
Must say I'm getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of activity here. The negligible hit rate on banknotes entered is really just the start.

I must be one of the longest standing members here. I stopped entering banknotes in 2009 as the site seemed to be going nowhere. I started again just under 12 months ago and in that time nothing seems to have improved. I've seen no evidence of any involvement by the system owner, no action on any of the long list of suggestions for improvement, no attempt at any kind of advertising or promotion of the site. Nothing has been done to fix wrongly entered data, prevent this happening or even remove the clearly fictitious multiple entries for some notes despite many of requests. This must bring into question the accuracy of a lot of the data here.

I know it's not reasonable to expect a high hit rate on notes entered but unless there's some attempt at attracting and retaining users how will this ever improve?

Have a look at the U.S. site Where's George. There's far more statistics available, the site is clearly undergoing continuous development and, probably as a result, the number of notes in the system compared to total notes in circulation is 10 times the rate here.

After a long absence I've given Money Tracker a good chance to show how much it's improved and the answer is not at all. Unless there's evidence of some improvement very soon I won't be spending any more time here.

Post Reply | Reply with quote
Posted by badpanda 8 years ago (20 May 2015)
Unless you mark your banknotes nothing is going to happen.. I got about 50+ hits with marked banknotes

Posted by mattyfitzh 8 years ago (20 May 2015)
I've been logging them since 2006, and only have had one legitimate hit

Posted by mattyfitzh 8 years ago (20 May 2015)
mattyfitzh said:
since 2006

Posted by heihachi73 8 years ago (31 May 2015)
There aren't enough people here to get the money circulated - hits are more often by pure luck than the fact they have Money Tracker or whatever stuck to them.

In other news, speaking of erroneous/fake banknotes, someone entered a 2017 $10 note yesterday (which I'm sure was 31/5/2015)
http://www.moneytracker.com.au/note/109461.html

Posted by livarb 8 years ago (30 Jun 2015)
I genuinely regret not looking up this site BEFORE I spent a $20 note with "moneytracker.com.au" written on it in blue artline pen. I spent it at Carousel Shopping Centre in Cannington Perth on Tuesday 29 June 2015, so anyone who has been writing moneytracker on your notes with blue artline texta it was probably yours! Not sure where I got it from, but it would have been around the Canning area in Perth the day before. I saw the writing, thought it was odd, spent the money, remembered it today and out of curiosity looked up this site. It's a shame it's not more known really.

Posted by nvo803 8 years ago (7 Nov 2015)
I don't know, I guess people often mark things down on the notes in Where's George instead of here, where I'm not sure if you can or not? Anyway, for those who do, how do you mark your notes?

Posted by grouchy 8 years ago (13 Mar 2016)
here if there is writting on a note, the banks are meant to hand them in to the RBA for replacement. In the US it's not illegal to write on the notes but it is here

Posted by ay2016 5 years ago (4 Jun 2018)
In practice though, unless the note is messed, it never happens!