Money Tracker Forums > Feature requests > Overseas

Thread: Overseas

PostOverseas
Posted by 119wds 10 years ago (14 Mar 2014)
Some of are actually living overseas and receive bank notes in other countries. However there is no way to acknowledge this on the web site. If 'WheresGeorge.com' can do it why not this web site?

Post Reply | Reply with quote
PostOverseas
Posted by heihachi73 10 years ago (16 Mar 2014)
Good point. I was able to enter a $1 note on Where's George a few months ago. There are a few aspects with this site which could be improved, however I'm not even sure anyone in charge even visits it these days - this forum hasn't been used since I posted about fake notes being "circulated" through Money Tracker at the start of the year, specifically images of online specimen notes (from the Reserve Bank, Wikipedia etc.) and fake serial numbers being "tracked" (there are no notes issued with the number AA00000000 for example).

PostOverseas
Posted by archiveguy 9 years ago (6 Dec 2014)
I too am sitting in the United States with a set of Aussie notes. You should at least have an "outside A&NZ" selection on setting your location!

PostOverseas
Posted by aegean 7 years ago (22 May 2016)
I think this feature would be useful. Tracking notes overseas would be great. Perhaps for ease of the feature just have which country it has gone to, keeping it simple.

PostOverseas
Posted by ullrich 7 years ago (5 Jan 2017)
Hello, that would be great. Just bought some dollars at Hamburg Airport for a friend of mine who goes to Australia in may. If you look on http://en.eurobilltracker.com you'll see that you can put Euros into the system doesn't matter where in the world you get them.
Maybe here it would be fine just with the country where you got the dollars.

Ullrich from D-Wasbek

PostOverseas
Posted by madeupname3 7 years ago (3 Apr 2017)
Surely you could just put the local postcode/town and it could be plotted on Google Maps?

PostOverseas
Posted by nvo803 4 years ago (30 Dec 2019)
This feature has been wanted for years...but sadly the website is minimally updated. At least some one has uploaded all the new graphics for the current notes. Hopefully they do it for the $100 note too...

PostOverseas
Posted by starmix1982 3 years ago (21 Jun 2020)
Being able to select overseas would be a fantastic feature!

PostOverseas
Posted by aegean 3 years ago (28 Jun 2020)
I have commented before but I guess we wont get this feature until the new notes for 100 dollar notes are completed first.